New website

Thomas G. Willis tom.willis at
Wed Mar 8 17:22:05 CET 2006

On 3/8/06, Robert Boyd <robert.h.boyd at> wrote:
> On 8 Mar 2006 07:47:15 -0800, Michael Tobis <mtobis at> wrote:
> > > No one
> > > of the complainers and negativists do claim that they could do it much
> > > better.
> >
> > Indeed, I do not have to be able to write a particular program to
> > notice it has bugs.
> >
> > On the other hand, (since I think the design, while not brilliant, is
> > good) fixing the logo is something that can be achieved without too
> > much fuss.
> > [snip]
> While I don't dislike the logo, there has been a lot of grumbling
> about it. Dislike has been due to aesthetic reasons, or the
> resemblance to a cross, or general "it's not as good as x".
> So I gave it another close look, and I wondered if this would improve it:
> Retain the stylized blue snake. Remove the yellow snake, but keep its
> body that's in line horizontally with the blue snake's, and color it
> blue. Result: one snake with a horizontal tail that curls up slightly
> at the right edge.
> <snip>

When I first saw it I thought "twisted" than I thought "is that a cross?"
then I thought maybe it's a messed up yin/yang.

I thought the yin/yang idea might be interesting, and maybe would work but
the overall shape needs to be more circular to convey that idea better.

But I'm no graphic designer....

Thomas G. Willis
America, still more rights than North Korea