Logging vs printing

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Mon May 8 08:16:42 EDT 2006

Leo Breebaart enlightened us with:
> I think the main reason why I am not using it by default is because,
> when all is said and done, it still comes easier to me to resort to
> guarded print statements then to set up and use the logging
> machinery.

The logging "machinery" isn't that huge nor is it difficult to set up:

import logging

logging.basicConfig()
log = logging.getLogger('your.module.name')

and that's all there is to it.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa