Quoting relevant material for response (was: Re: python vs perl lines of code)

akameswaran at gmail.com akameswaran at gmail.com
Thu May 18 21:46:26 EDT 2006

Thanks Ben,
I actually don't spend a whole lot of time on newsgroups.  I don't use
my gmail account and use the groups thru the web interface.  If that
quoting mechanism is available on the web interface and I haven't found
it - I'd love to know how to use it.  Also i use the threaded view on
the web client, so I have little trouble figuring out what is being
referenced.

My comment about John being funny in fact was a generic comment, and
while the remainder of my response was on topic - it still was not in
response to 1 specific statement or another.  Quoting previous comments
is useful, but not required to be in thread - IMHO.

>> In any case, I realize I was completley wrong.  Please allow me to
>> retract my statement.

>It's hard to see what that is, since you don't provide any
>context. Are we expected to re-read the entire thread to guess what
>you're referring to?

Secondly, I meant I was wrong about John being hilarious - and in that
context the quotes would have been useful.