A critic of Guido's blog on Python's lambda

Bill Atkins NOatkinwSPAM at rpi.edu
Sun May 7 03:07:37 EDT 2006

Bill Atkins <NOatkinwSPAM at rpi.edu> writes:

> Incidentally, is this supposed to be an example of Python's supposed
> "aesthetic pleasantness"?  I find it a little hideous, even giving you
> the benefit of the doubt and pretending there are newlines between
> each function.  There's nothing like a word wrapped in pairs of
> underscores to totally ruin an aesthetic experience.

I don't mean to suggest that your code in particular is hideous -
sorry if it came off that way.  It's just that Python code seems a
disappointingly un-pretty after all the discussion about its beauty in
this thread.

--
This is a song that took me ten years to live and two years to write.
 - Bob Dylan