hide python window, con'td

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Fri May 26 16:56:46 EDT 2006

Something that runs all day in the background is a perfect candidate
for being turned into a Service.  That and servicemanager has a good
way of managing the task so that it doesn't take up lots of excess
CPU cycles that a "normal" application would take while sleeping
or unnecessarily looping.  Pick up a copy of Mark Hammond's Python
Programming on Win32 book for example services in Python.  You could
then start/stop the service with service manager or with net start/
net stop commands.

-Larry Bates