lines of code per functional point

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue May 9 10:50:26 EDT 2006

Bryan wrote:

> in document, which is titled, "Java and programmer productivity", there is a
> table on page 4 which shows LOC/FP for several languages.  unfortunately, python
> is the only language "dashed out" and has no value.  i'm unable to google and
> find a source that shows this value for python

if you google for "python loc/fp" in google groups, you'll find a couple of threads
that discusses this (including this one).

from what I can tell, the consensus is that Perl and Python has a very similar
LOC/FP value (15-25, depending on who you ask), but that people are more
productive in Python anyway...

</F>