Question about exausted iterators
tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu May 18 18:42:57 EDT 2006
"Christophe" <chris.cavalaria at free.fr> wrote in message
news:446c2dea$0$5306$626a54ce at news.free.fr...
>Instead of saying that all works as intended could you be a little
>helpful and tell me why it was intended in such an obviously broken way
I answered both your explicit and implied questions in good faith. But you
seem to be too attached to your pre-judgment to have benefited much, so I
won't waste my time and yours saying more. Instead I suggest that you try
1. Write a specification for your an alternate, more complicated, iterator
2. Write a simple class with .next method that implements your
3. Test your class with your example.
4. Consider how you would persuade people to add the extra machinery
5. Consider what you would do when people don't.
If you want, post a report on your experiment, and I will read it if I see
Terry Jan Reedy
More information about the Python-list