regd efficient methods to manipulate *large* files

Madhusudhanan Chandrasekaran mc79 at cse.buffalo.edu
Mon May 1 10:28:14 EDT 2006

Hi:

	This question is not directed "entirely" at python only. But since
I want to know how to do it in python, I am posting here.

I am constructing a huge matrix (m x n), whose columns n are stored in
smaller files. Once I read m such files, my matrix is complete. I want to
pass this matrix as an input to another script of mine (I just have the
binary.) Currently, the script reads a file (which is nothing but the
matrix) and processes it. Is there any way of doing this in memory,
without writing the matrix onto the disk?

Since I have to repeat my experimentation for multiple iterations, it
becomes expensive to write the matrix onto the disk.

Thanks in advance. Help appreciated.

-Madhu