SE 2.3 temporarily unavailable. Cheese shop defeats upload with erratic behavior. Urgently requesting help.

jim-on-linux inq1ltd at verizon.net
Fri Nov 3 10:21:05 EST 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 14:59, Frederic
Rentsch wrote:
> jim-on-linux wrote:
> > Frederic,
> >
> > I've been trying to get back into my package
> > in the Cheese Shop for over a year. The phone
> > company changed my e:mail address and to make
> > a long and frustrating story short I can't
> > get back into the Cheese Shop to make changes
> > to my file.
> >
> > Time is money.  At some time you have to
> > consider if it is worth it.  At least you
> > have the name of your program listed.
> >
> > I wish I could be more helpfull. I'll watch
> > the responses you get from others.
> >
> > Good Luck,
> > jim-on-linux
> >
> > http://www.inqvista.com
> >
> > On Thursday 02 November 2006 09:00, you wrote:
> >> Some time ago I had managed to upload a
> >> small package to the Cheese Shop using the
> >> data entry template. Uploading is in two
> >> steps: first the text then the package file.
> >> When I had a new version it went like this:
> >> The new text made a new page, but the new
> >> file went to the old
> >
> > snip
>
> Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone.
> Do you know of an alternative to the Cheese
> Shop?
>
> Frederic

Python registering alternatives?

Part of the mission of the Cheese Shop is to
safeguard the name of your software. Once
registered, no one else can use that name. That's
been done, unless you spelled the package name
wrong.

I read the following, and I'm not sure if you have
tried it.

The quote below is from:
http//:www.python.org/doc/current/dist/package-index.htm
item #7 Registering with the Package Index.
(11-15-2004)

"By default PyPi will list all versions of a given
package.  To hide certain versions, the hidden
property should be set to yes.  This must be
edited through the web interface."

Sounds to me that you can hide what is on the site
and submit a new version, if you set "Hidden
property" to "yes".

I don't know of any other place to register a
python package with the python organization.

Good Luck,

jim-on-linux

http://www.inqvista.com