cx_Oracle and NCLOBs

[12]Nitro 12.nitro at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 05:38:33 EST 2006

Greetings,

I'm currently working in a Python project to create a multi-platform
database replication tool, and cx_Oracle was the chosen provider to
handle the Oracle connections. So far the results have been very
interesting, but I've been experiencing some problems when inserting
CLOB objects through executemany (meaning, using a pre-prepared
statement and a dynamic list of parameters). Namely, somehow the
provider seems to be converting the data to LONG rather than to CLOB,
even though the statement explicitly calls out the TO_NCLOB function;
therefore, we get ORA-01461 errors.
Now, this may possibly not be an error, but instead a misusage (not
many examples available, anyways). Any help/suggestion you can provide?

Best regards,
Nitro