Installation problem

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sun Nov 26 10:07:43 EST 2006

Tommy Grav schrieb:
> Trying to update my ActivePython installation I mistakenly downloaded
> the Intel Mac version (rather than the PPC version) and tried to install
> it.
> The version did install but did not run of course. However, now trying
> to install the PPC version of Activepython or even the 2.5 version of
> macpython fails (actually macpython installs, but the installation program
> tells me there is an error at the end). Anyone know how to completely
> remove all previous python installations and all config files so that I can
> install it from scratch? Is there also a log of the dmg-installation so
> that
> I can see what fails with the installation?

The custom installed pythons should live under

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework

You should be able to move them somewhere else and try again.

However, I wouldn't touch

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python

as that is the OSX shipped one, don't tinker with it.

There actually is a program to see what gets installed by a package,
where to, and you can even suppress certain parts. But unfortunately, I
don't have it installed and don't remember its name.

Diez