wx.Process.Kill on Win32

Tom Plunket tomas at fancy.org
Tue Nov 21 20:47:02 EST 2006

Google indicates that wx.Process.Kill hadn't been implemented some
time ago in wxPython for Win32.  Is that still the case?  It's kind of
a drag since several sources (including wxPython wiki) strongly advise
(by my reading and intended use) using wxProcess over the built-in
stuff, but it's not entirely useful if I can't kill long-running
processes from an external driver.

To tie into my previous question about mocking in Python, I've got a
bunch of scripts that do a bunch of things, and there's one 'master'
script which can serialize these things (connecting to databases,
downloading lots of data, and applying transforms to that data).  I
realized that the GUI part could essentially just be a command line
generator for the serializer script, and trivially launch the other
activities as a separate process.  I/O works pretty well and I was
happy with it all until I tried to implement the 'Cancel' button.

Any more info, now several years after those threads I turned up?

thx,
-tom!