Javascript is turning into Python?!

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Nov 3 03:00:09 EST 2006

Paul Rubin <"http://phr.cx"@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:

> I hadn't seen this before.  New Javascript 1.7 features:
> - Generators
> - Iterators
> - Array comprehensions
> - Destructuring assignment
>
> Sounds like another language we know.

The current developers of Javascript have been quite open during
development of 1.7 that they have been inspired by Python for many of
the new features. (Tried to find a URL, but my search-fu is weak
today.)

--
 \     "Try to become not a man of success, but try rather to become a |
  `\                                man of value."  -- Albert Einstein |