Help solving Python 2.5 crash: The instruction "0x7c168f1d" referenced memory at "0x00000001c

Pedro Rodrigues p.m.deandraderodrigues at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 10:38:03 EST 2006

Hi Bugra,

thanks for your reply. I did try the same code on a Windows 2000 system
where I also installed and later removed Python 2.5. There, I obtained the
same problem :( That's why I think it has to do with software. I've also
searched on the internet and this problem seems to come up also with other
sorts of applications. This lead me to think that there might be some
inconsistency in the Registry of Windows or some files that have been left
behind after uninstall. I've tried to address these two possibilities but so
far I did not succeed :(

pedro