Python development time is faster.

Paddy paddy3118 at netscape.net
Mon Nov 13 09:10:55 EST 2006

Chris Brat wrote:

> I've seen a few posts, columns and articles which state that one of the
> advantages of Python is that code can be developed x times faster than
> languages such as <<Insert popular language name here>>.
>
> Does anyone have any comments on that statement from personal
> experience?
> How is this comparison measured?
>

> Thanks
> Chris
Here's a start:
  http://www.tcl.tk/doc/scripting.html

Go Googling. There's a paper out their that compares error rates and
time to program, lines of code, for several languages and is often
cited in defence of scripting languages. (Scripting languages have
however moved on and now like to be called dynamic languages).

- Pad.