setting up wxPython on a Mac

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Fri Nov 3 14:52:52 EST 2006

In article <454B8837.9060103 at kevin-walzer.com>,
 Kevin Walzer <kw at kevin-walzer.com> wrote:

>Brian Blais wrote:
>I'm not sure about numpy/scipy/matplotlib. I don't think there are
>pre-built packages for them; you may have to build them from source. You
>could also post to the MacPython mailing list, someone there has
>probably looked at this already.

There are prebuilt extension for these for Python 2.4.x available from
<http://pythonmac.org/packages/>. Packages for 2.5 will show up
eventually, but meanwhile if you want prebuilt then use python 2.4.4.

For python itself, I recommend using the Mac installer available from
the standard python web site (rather than the package available from
<http://pythonmac.org/packages/>).

-- Russell