What do I look for in a shared Python host?

dimitri pater dimitri.pater at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 18:25:44 EST 2006

Hi,
is there any reason for you wanting to use a shared host? Just asking..
Maybe you could use a VPS as this is not too expensive these days. Of
course, it would require more work to set things up. But it's not too
hard... (eg using apt-get,webmin,some basic Linux skills using the command
line)
regards,
Dimitri
(I use a VPS at rimuhostig ($20/month), but there are many, many more)

On 18 Nov 2006 11:15:28 -0800, Fuzzyman <fuzzyman at gmail.com> wrote:

> walterbyrd wrote:
> > For example:
> >
> > - If I want to use Django, I need either FastCGI or Apache
> > 2.X/mod_python 3.x
> >
> > - if I want to use TurboGears, I need Python 2.4: not 2.3 and not 2.5
> >
> > - I have just learned that some hosters have T&Cs that forbid long
> > running processes. I am not sure exactly what that means. Except I
> > understand it can be a problem if using Cherrypy/TurboGears
> >
> > - I have read that mod_python before 3.x can be difficult
> >
> > What other "gotchas" would I look for?
>
> The best host for Python (including Django and Turbogears), try
> webfaction. They used to be known as Python-hosting.com and offer great
> support for Python.
>
> Fuzzyman
> http://www.voidspace.org.uk/index2.shtml
>
> --

---
You can't have everything. Where would you put it? -- Steven Wright
---
please visit www.serpia.org