Press button to load data

jim-on-linux inq1ltd at verizon.net
Thu Nov 16 01:28:57 EST 2006

Just from a glance my thoughts are to
start with one file and build on it. Make
a class of it so you can loop it to use
it over for each record.

You wrote that the info was in a file on
the hd. If it is in a file on the hd, use the
open()
function, read from the file, only one record
and write the data to a list.

You can incorporate the
button option,

"command = CallSomeFunction",

to call a function that builds a window,
and loads the data into labels or
entry boxes.
If you are going to modify
the data, entry boxes allow you to
modify it and save it back to a
file.

Also, when using the open() function,
close it after you get the data you need.
otherwise you may experience
unexpected problems.

client = open('client', 'r')
client.read() (readline()) (readlines())
client.close()

jim-on-linux

http//:www.inqvista.com