how do i map this?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Nov 12 23:11:31 EST 2006

"ronrsr" <ronrsr at gmail.com> writes:

> #row is a dictionary with keys: zid, keywords, citation, quotation
> def print_row(row):
>    print """<tr>
> name="updateform" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
> method="GET"><input type="hidden" name="zid" value="%(zid)d"><input
> type="submit" value="Edit"></form>
>       """

You're printing a string, and never using that 'row' parameter.

Perhaps this will help illustrate:

    >>> print "spam %(foo)s eggs"
    spam %(foo)s eggs
    >>> print "spam %(foo)s eggs" % {'foo': "Wortle"}
    spam Wortle eggs

The 'print' statement doesn't care about the format specifiers; it
just wants a string expression. It's the formatting operator, '%',
that looks for them.

    <URL:http://docs.python.org/lib/typesseq-strings.html>

--
 \       "When I was little, my grandfather used to make me stand in a |
  `\   closet for five minutes without moving. He said it was elevator |