Can not download plugins for jEdit (help!!)

BillJosephson billjosephson at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 01:52:47 EST 2006

Hi all. I am trying to use jEdit, but can't seem to download
any plugins. I go to Plugin Manager, and select Download
options. I update the mirro and can see lots of servers.
I select the first (plugin central default) and say apply.
In the Update dialogues bottom window, I see a msg saying
"Dowloading plugin list from jedit.plugins.org but after
a couple seconds it disappears. Inveitably when I select
Console and the click install, it give me "An I/0 error
occurred (Connection refused: connect)

If anyone knows why i can't connect, in info about it would be
a big help.

Thanks in advance.....