lxml/ElementTree and .tail

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Nov 16 08:12:02 EST 2006

Chas Emerick wrote:

> The principle and the practice diverge significantly in our neck of
> the woods.  The current project involves consuming and making sense
> of extraordinarily (and typically unnecessarily) complex XHTML.

wasn't your original complaint that ET didn't do the "right thing" when
you removed elements from a mixed-content tree? (something than can be
trivially handled with a 2-line helper function)

why mutate the tree if all you want is to extract information from it?
doesn't sound very efficient to me...

</F>