httplib continuation packets

Haakon Riiser hakonrk at fys.uio.no
Sat Nov 11 17:38:15 EST 2006

[Fredrik Lundh]

> Haakon Riiser wrote:
>
>> Is this a bug in httplib or the web server?
>
> it could be that they're blocking requests from Python's urllib, of
> course.  have you tried overriding the user-agent string ?

Yes, and it doesn't help.

By the way, this is the closest thing I've found in the bug tracker:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105470&aid=547093&group_id=5470
The bug was closed in 2002 with this comment:

  "I changed httplib to send requests as a single packet in rev
   1.60.  The change was made to address a performance problem,
   but happens to fix the problem you had with the bogus
   server, too."

Has someone changed it back since then?

--
 Haakon