screen output problem

Ritesh Raj Sarraf rrs at researchut.com
Wed Nov 29 08:19:44 EST 2006

I'm not sure if there is a definite solution to this problem.

I've noticed that one of the applications, which I use on a daily basis
(apt from Debian) does address the progress bar issue in another way.

When apt tries to download multiple files, it displays the progress of
all the downloads on a single line. Probably the apt developers also
might have run into the same issue and hence settled down with this
workaround.

Thanks,
Ritesh