SE 2.3 temporarily unavailable. Cheese shop defeats upload with erratic behavior. Urgently requesting help.

jim-on-linux inq1ltd at verizon.net
Fri Nov 3 11:00:49 EST 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 08:21, Steve Holden
wrote:
> Frederic Rentsch wrote:
> > jim-on-linux wrote:
> >>Frederic,
> >>
> >>I've been trying to get back into my package
> >> in the Cheese Shop for over a year. The
> >> phone company changed my e:mail address and
> >> to make a long and frustrating story short I
> >> can't get back into the Cheese Shop to make
> >> changes to my file.
> >>
> >>Time is money.  At some time you have to
> >> consider if it is worth it.  At least you
> >> have the name of your program listed.
> >>
> >>I wish I could be more helpfull. I'll watch
> >> the responses you get from others.
> >>
> >>Good Luck,
> >>jim-on-linux
> >>
> >>http://www.inqvista.com

> >>snip
> >
> > Thanks for letting me know that I am not
> > alone. Do you know of an alternative to the
> > Cheese Shop?
>
> Surely the correct answer to this problem is to
> get the Cheese Shop fixed, not to migrate away
> from it? To whom (besides this list) have you
> communicated the problem, and with what
> results?

I emailed and emailed,  I got one response but
nothing changed.

I suggest that the Cheese Shop also forward copies
of help request to a site like this or similar.
At least the sender knows that someone will read
the email and help is on the way.

Also, my guess is that before these postings of
the last few days, 65% of the people on this site
never heard of The Cheese Shop,  Postings like
these can only help The Cheese Shops.

jim-on-linux

http://www.inqvista.com