python GUIs comparison (want)

timmy timothy at open-networks.net
Sun Nov 5 00:18:20 EST 2006

Mudcat wrote:
> I have been using Tkinter for several years now. Recently I have been
> thinking about switching to something else that may have a sharper
> appearance. However I'm not sure what that may be, and if that
> something else is *that* much better than what I'm already using.
>
> Does everyone agree that wxPython looks best on Windows? I've also read
> in a couple of places where Dabo looks pretty good as well.
>
> So if someone were to pick a UI that gave the best appearance, what
> would they choose?

i've been using wxpython for a few years and it's great.
it's got far better widgets then tkinter and it's speed is greater on
large stuff as well.
it's got a great support forum and the maintainer robin dunn does a
great job of answering all questions.
i can't particularly fault wxpython. it looks great on all platforms and
maintain the native look and feel of the platofrm as well.