How to pass a boolean to a stored proc using Cx_Oracle?

JG z28quetzal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 13:37:46 EST 2006

Hi,
I am using Python 2.4 and cx_Oracle.  I have a stored proc that takes two
arguments.  First is an NUMBER, second is a BOOLEAN.  How do you call that
stored procedure?

After properly extablishing a connection, I have something like this:

cursor = con.cursor()
cursor.callproc("testproc",[123,True])

The problem I have ran into is that I keep getting an error from Oracle
stating I don't have the variables defined in with the proper type.  I
changed to proc just to test it, so that it would take two numbers.  I was
able to make it run properly.

So, what is the trick to pass a boolean?

Thanks,
joe