please help me choose a proper gui library.

krishnakant Mane researchbase at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 23:28:19 EST 2006

On 18 Nov 2006 12:40:57 -0800, sturlamolden <sturlamolden at yahoo.no> wrote:
> It's a matter of taste. I would recommend PyGTK (yes it runs on
> Windows). You can design the GUI in a fly with GLADE, and import it as
> an XML resource in Python with one single line of code.
I also have to consider the issue of accessibility.
I am blind myself and need to know what I am coding.  and as a policy
matter our company always makes use of accessible libraries just in
case any client is also handicap.  some laws have also made it
mandatory.

>It will save
> you an awful lot of work; all you have to code is the event handlers.
that will be great provided it is accessible on windows.
> Additionally you get the GUI design out of you code, which makes
> maintenance a lot easier. You can redesign the GUI without changing or
> breaking your existing Python code.
that is great but I don't want to use glade.
I will like a simple ide where I can do hand coding.
I am going to try python with eclipse.

thanks,
Krishnakant.