why would anyone use python when java is there?

gregarican greg.kujawa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 02:40:54 CET 2006

gavino wrote:
> wtf

You have to be trolling I would think. For most people I think they
would like to code in Python if they had a personal choice. But for
professional reasons they are likely forced to code in Java because of
the sheep mentality of the large corporate drone-dom that's out there.
To me, languages such as Smalltalk, Python, and Ruby allow the problems
to solve themselves in code that's easier to read and requires less
verbiage. Meanwhile all of Java's semicolons, curly braces, and
syntactical hoops leaves my fingers tired and my eyes crossed.