Exploiting Dual Core's with Py_NewInterpreter's separated GIL ?

robert no-spam at no-spam-no-spam.invalid
Wed Nov 8 11:57:21 EST 2006

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> of multiple cores.  I think Python only needs a nice way to share a
> relatively small set of objects using shared memory.  POSH goes in that
> direction, but I don't think it's simple enough yet.
>
> http://poshmodule.sourceforge.net/

interesting, a solution possibly a little faster than pickling - but maybe only in selected situations. Made already experiments with pickling through shared memory.

With "x = posh.share(x)" an object tree will be (deep-)copied to shared mem ( as far as objects fullfil some conditions http://poshmodule.sourceforge.net/posh/html/node6.html: is this true for numpy arrays?)
Every object to be inserted in the hot tunnel object tree has to be copied that same style. Thus ~pickling, but somewhat easier to use.

And compiling it for Windows will be quite difficult ...

Robert