Processing Solid Edge objects

Maria R Maria.Reinhammar at accalon.com
Wed Nov 29 07:27:44 EST 2006

I consider using Python to process Solid Edge .par .asm etc objects.
Solid Edge provides a pretty rich documentation and tutorials.
Still, when trying it out, using PyWin32, I get somewhat frustrated.

So, I hope for someone out there to be willing to share experiences.

The objective is to automate generation of customer specific machine
elements from project spec's.
In particular, we wish to be able to use .par files as templates and,
by
taking a copy and changing attribute values, instantiate components
to be used in an assembly.
The end result shall be a complete construction structure from which,
among many things, customer doc's drawings and Bill Of Materials are to
be
extracted.
//M