Remote Objects via CGI?

kpd kevin.dahlhausen at
Wed Nov 1 22:21:58 CET 2006

Thanks Fredrik.  I gave XmlRpc a shot as you implied earlier.

It works like a charm.  This is how I tested quickly locally without a
large web-server installed:

1. Run - this takes the place of the normal web server.
2. Then run to make a local xmlrpc call.

from SimpleXMLRPCServer import CGIXMLRPCRequestHandler
def test( theList ):
    return len(theList)

server = CGIXMLRPCRequestHandler()

from xmlrpclib import ServerProxy, Error
server = ServerProxy("http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/")
theList = [ 1.1, 2.2, 3.3, 4.4 ]
print server.test( theList )

from BaseHTTPServer import HTTPServer
from CGIHTTPServer import CGIHTTPRequestHandler
serv = HTTPServer(("", 8080), CGIHTTPRequestHandler)

The code comes from a the python docs and an old list message at