Exploiting Dual Core's with Py_NewInterpreter's separated GIL ?

Robin Becker robin at NOSPAMreportlab.com
Sat Nov 11 03:52:57 EST 2006

Andrew MacIntyre wrote:
>> I guess the freebsd limits  must be different to the original
>> development environment.
>
> The number of semaphores is certainly tunable - the SYSV IPC KERNEL
> PARAMETERS section in the file /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES lists the SYSV
> semaphore parameters that can be set in the kernel config.

yes those limits look pretty low. I think POSH grabs 60 the first time
and then fails the second as the limit appears to be 61. I wonder what
the actual cost is of having lots of semaphores.
--
Robin Becker