emacs shell hangs on W32 with python

emin.shopper at gmail.com emin.shopper at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 09:19:39 EST 2006

Hmm, it doesn't even work if I run the cygwin version of GNU Emacs and
have it start the Windows version of python through python-mode or if I
start a shell in emacs and then start the Windows version of python
through the shell. Interestingly, however, things DO seem to work if I
use cygwin emacs with cygwin python (version 2.4.1).

I wonder if the windows version of Tkinter does something weird such as
implicitly calling Tk.mainloop()...

Any help would be much appreciated.