Python tools for managing static websites?

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Sat Nov 4 13:08:12 EST 2006

"Chris Pearl" <chrispearl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there Python tools to help webmasters manage static websites?
>
> I'm talking about regenerating an entire static website - all the HTML
> files in their appropriate directories and sub-directories. Each page
> has some fixed parts (navigation menu, header, footer) and some
> changing parts (body content, though in specific cases the normally
> fixed parts might change as well). The tool should help to keep site
> editing DRY every piece of data, including the recurring parts, should
> exist only once.

Tahchee <http://www.ivy.fr/tahchee>

SUMMARY     = "Automated static and dynamic web site creation tool"
DESCRIPTION = """\
Tahchee is a tool for developers and Web designers that makes it possible to
easily build a static Web site using the Cheetah template system. It is used to
fill in the gap between bare template and macro processing system and dynamic
template-based Web sites. It acts both as a build system (à la "make") as well
as an extension to the Cheetah template that makes it really easy to build small
to medium-sized sites. It is ideal for writing open source project or small
company Web sites.\
"""

   Florian
--