But it was yesterday here!

Sorin Schwimmer sxn02 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 11:24:36 EST 2006

(the quote is from 'Le gendarme et les extra-terrestres', a must-see Frech comedy)

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the smtplib - I did it so many times already. The import statement fails, as the
SMTP name cannot be imported. Digging more, I found that SMTP fails because
email.base64MIME cannot be imported (ImportError:No module named base64MIME).
I don't understand why, as the file is in the right location, has the correct access rights (I'm on
Linux), and it's content is not corrupt. I also tried to import email.__init__ and end up with the same error.

The only way that works is to navigate to the email directory and perform the import base64MIME there.

What may have happened?

Thanks,
Sorin