Trying to understand rfc822.Message() behaviour

Neil Cerutti horpner at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 13:32:11 EST 2006

On 2006-11-30, Phoe6 <orsenthil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Have  a look at this snippet, I have a file direct.txt and I want to
> read it as rfc8222.Message() so that I get the Subject: and Mood: as
> Dict Keys and content separately, but I am unable to get the Content
> Properly.

> Subject: testing - fortune
> Mood: happy
>

>   "Why should we subsidize intellectual curiosity?"
>   - Ronald Reagan

> Subject: testing - fortune
> Mood: happy
>

> What is happening here. Why is the message not coming up?

>From the Python Documentation 12.11.1 Message Objects:

  class Message( file[, seekable])

    A Message instance is instantiated with an input object as
    parameter. Message relies only on the input object having a
    readline() method; in particular, ordinary file objects
    qualify. Instantiation reads headers from the input object up
    to a delimiter line (normally a blank line) and stores them
    in the instance. The message body, following the headers, is
    not consumed.

--
Neil Cerutti
We dispense with accuracy --sign at New York drug store