Processing Solid Edge objects

obnmfrbeqzgkst at mailinator.com obnmfrbeqzgkst at mailinator.com
Wed Nov 29 11:55:04 EST 2006

I've done a similar thing with Python and Catia in the past. I used
late binding to the Catia objects and I didn't have any real issues.

Things to remember:

Remove all of the "Set" statements

No need to :
  set obj = XYZ
just
  obj =XYZ

Include the brackets with all Sub calls. VB is sloppy and lets you call
subroutines without the brackets, but you have to specify them in
Python.

It can be a bit tricky passing arrays by reference from Python to a VB
subroutine. The advice I found suggested creating a small VB wrapper
which creates the array and passes it back to Python. You then call
this wrapper from Python.

Andy