How to choose the right GUI toolkit ?

Dan Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 12:13:00 EST 2006

Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
> John Salerno <johnjsal at NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> >  Dan Lenski wrote:
> >
> > > So, is there another toolkit I should be looking at?
> >
> >  I highly recommend wxPython.
>
> I'd second that!
>
> There is a book also
>
>   "WxPython in Action"

Nick and John S., thank you for the tip on wxPython!  I'll look into it
for my next project.  I too would avoid Qt, not because of the GPL but
simply because I don't use KDE under Linux and because Qt is not well
supported under Cygwin or on native Windows.  I too like to learn from
actual printed books, so I'll check this one out.  O'Reilly should do a
book on Python GUI stuff!

John H.: thanks for pointing out pythoncard.  This looks like it might
be an excellent substitute for LabView-like GUIs, which all my
coworkers like.  I personally refuse to read or write LabView code, on
the grounds that its syntax causes severe brain damage and is
completely unportable.  But that's a flame for another thread, so to
speak...

Thanks,
Dan