OODB vs RDBMS

Bruno Desthuilliers onurb at xiludom.gro
Tue Nov 21 06:16:38 EST 2006

Dan Lenski wrote:
> I'll second the recommendation of sqlalchemy... I've heard it's very
> good.  Personally I prefer SQLObject, which is a similar library but in
> my opinion a bit simpler and more "pythonic".

SQLObject and SQLAlchemy have different purposes IMHO : the first one is
meant as a way to easily persist objects in a SQL DBMS, while the second
is primarily a (mostly successful) attempt to provide a higher-level,
pythonic interface to SQL DBMS - the ORM features of SQLAlchemy being
mostly built on top of the SQL/Python integration layer.

--
bruno desthuilliers