Inheritance from builtin list and override of methods.

OKB (not okblacke) brenNOSPAMbarn at NObrenSPAMbarn.net
Mon Nov 27 14:14:10 EST 2006

Duncan Booth wrote:

>> And is there a mechanism in Python that will allow me to override
>> the operators of a class, for all its occurrences, even the ones
>> implemented on C built-in objects?
>
> No.

    	For what it's worth, which is undoubtedly nothing, this is
something that I think needs to change.  All this talk about new-style
classes and class-type unification is empty words if you can't override
anything on any type without having to know whether it's written in C or
Python.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell