pyxpcom

Trent Mick trentm at activestate.com
Tue Nov 28 17:15:01 EST 2006

> My need is as follows: I have developed an activex component to access a
> smart card on the client side / do some web site logon.
>
> Are xpcom / pyxpcom advanced/stable enough for such an implementation
> under Linux / Windows ?

You mean to provide the equivalent functionality for Firefox that your activex
component does for IE? Yes, xpcom and pyxpcom are quite stable, however
putting together a Firefox extension that gets PyXPCOM itself up and running
in a client's Firefox install will be quite challenging.

Trent

--
Trent Mick
trentm at activestate.com