SOAP example (getting stock price) - verifying endpoint url

mirandacascade at yahoo.com mirandacascade at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 14:18:40 EST 2006

Operating system: Win XP

Is it possible that the endpoint url of:

"http://66.28.98.121:9090/soap"

that is provided for the SOAP example of calling GetQuote has changed
or is no longer in use?  If it has changed, what is the new endpoint
url?

The reasons I ask are that I observed 3 different timeout symptoms:

1) When running the testquote application from ElementSOAP (which uses
that endpoint url), received the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\elementsoap\testquote.py", line
16, in ?
    print "MSFT", q.getQuote("MSFT")
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\elementsoap\testquote.py", line
12, in getQuote
    response = self.call(action, request)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\elementsoap\ElementSOAP.py", line
213, in call
    parser=namespace_parse
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\elementsoap\HTTPClient.py", line
164, in do_request
    h.endheaders()
  File "C:\Python24\lib\httplib.py", line 794, in endheaders
    self._send_output()
  File "C:\Python24\lib\httplib.py", line 675, in _send_output
    self.send(msg)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\httplib.py", line 642, in send
    self.connect()
  File "C:\Python24\lib\httplib.py", line 626, in connect
    raise socket.error, msg
error: (10060, 'Operation timed out')

2) When I copy/paste the endpoint url into a browser (Firefox), I
receive a "the connection has timed out" message in the browser.

3) Attempted a ping from the command prompt:

C:\>ping 66.28.98.121

Pinging 66.28.98.121 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.