Py3K idea: why not drop the colon?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Nov 13 15:31:07 EST 2006

Michael Hobbs <mike at hobbshouse.org> writes:

> To be clear, this is the actual thrust of my argument. It seems
> redundant to have *both* line continuations and colons in compound
> statements.

Why are you trying to remove redundancy? The language is designed for
communication between people (programmers) primarily. Redundancy is
often the best way to be explicit and readable.

--
 \     "I was in the first submarine. Instead of a periscope, they had |
  `\            a kaleidoscope. 'We're surrounded.'"  -- Steven Wright |