how is python not the same as java?

Bryan belred at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 21:19:59 EST 2006

Jorge Vargas wrote:

> the pyc files are just a "catching" system for the common python
> developer, as for the java developer the .class files are executable
> code. In python noone runs the pyc files, the interpreter takes care
> of this for you.

this is an incorrect statement.  we (the company i work for) only ship the
pyc files, and our customers _only_ run the pyc files.  and our embedded
python contains no .py files.  from our perspective,  java .class files and
python .pyc files are treated exactly the same.  and there is very little
difference between jar files containing .class files and zip files
containing .pyc files.

bryan