Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Oct 5 02:20:35 EDT 2006

Terry Reedy wrote:
> "Ben Finney" <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> wrote in message
> news:87lknvelb3.fsf at benfinney.id.au...
>
>>The whole point of moving *from* SF *to* another bug tracker is to
>>improve the situation, surely.
>

> The current situation is that the limitations and intermittant failures of
> the SF tracker sufficiently impede the Python development process that some
> people were motivated to do the work to find a better alternative.
>

>>You already seem to acknowledge that using free-software tools to
>>develop Python is desirable.
>

> The committee already said so by saying that with other things equal, it
> would choose Roundup.
>

>>I don't see why you're being so obtuse
>

> I think name calling is out of line here.

Correct, besides which Ben seems to feel people are disagreeing on the
desirability of using open source software when in fact they are mostly
disagreeing about the *practicality* in this particular instance.

Compellingly absent from most critics' output is a statement to the
effect that they will volunteer their time to encourage the adoption of
Roundup, which is excluded only by the absence of a support infrastructure.

Time to shit or get off the pot, I'd say.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119