How to share session with IE

zdp zhaodapu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 07:24:40 EDT 2006

Hello!

I need to process some webpages of a forum which is powered by discuz!.
When I login, there are some options about how long to keep the
cookies: forever, month, week, et al. If I choose forever,  I don't
need to login each time, and When I open the internet explorer I can
access any pages directly. Some urls of the pages like:

    http://www.somesite.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=12345&extra=page%3D1

However, now I need to process some pages by a python program. When I
use urllib.urlopen(theurl), I can only get a page which told me I need
login. I think It's reasonable, becuase I wasn't in a loggined session
which as IE did.

So how can I do my job? I want to get the right webpage by the url. I
have search answers from the groups but didn't get clear answer. Should
I use win32com or urllib? Any reply or information is appreciate. Hope
I put it clear.

Dapu