What's the best IDE?

Neil Cerutti horpner at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 20:03:23 EDT 2006

On 2006-10-25, Bruno Desthuilliers <bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:
> Hakusa at gmail.com a écrit :
>> Recently I've had some problems with PythonWin when I switched to
>> Py2.5, tooka long hiatus, and came back. So now I'm without my god sent
>> helper, and I'm looking for a cool replacement, or some advocation to
>> reinstall/setup PyWin. But the Python website's list is irrefutably
>> long. It would take a month or two to test all of those products. So
>> I'm looking for experienced advocates.
> >
>> What's your favorite IDE?
> emacs
>
>> What do you like about it?
> 1. It's so complicated and ugly that just using it is enough to makes
> you look like a seasonned pro.
> 2. It gives me a reason to engage in holy wars with vim users.

It seems like the holy wars are pretty. We disciples of Vim and
Emacs are now content merely being holier than all he others.

Actually, I'm not sure there's been a good Emacs VS Vim holy war
in years. So... ya know what's I find to be shamefully hatefully
orthodox?  Believing in the 'meta' key, when it's clearly just
Alt. Those same people often hold to the heresy that 'to fill'
means 'to wrap'. They believe that modes exist for different
'languages', and moreover, that there's more than just the
trinity of INSERT, EDIT and COMMAND-LINE.

--
Neil Cerutti