Python segmentation fault?

Michael B. Trausch mike$#at^&nospam!%trauschus
Thu Oct 26 19:12:44 EDT 2006

Klaas wrote:
> Michael B. Trausch wrote:
>> Is there a way to debug scripts that cause segmentation faults?  I can
>> do a backtrace in gdb on Python, but that doesn't really help me all
>> that much since, well, it has nothing to do with my script... :-P
>
> Yes.  If you think it is a python interpreter bug, create a
> self-contained script which reproduces the issue, and file a python bug
> report.
>
> I'd be interested to see the stack trace--I recently uncovered a
> segfault bug in python2.5 and I might be able to tell you if it is the
> same one.

I finally found out what the problem was -- I was using something that
was in the wx.* set of classes and functions, and it was the item
segfaulting.  I was apparently making an assumption or doing something
wrong, though I didn't have this project in Subversion at the time so I
can't say exactly which changes fixed it.  I have it in Subversion now,
though, so that in the future I can be sure to better find out what is
going on by having all of the information handy.

Thanks for the help!

	-- Mike