PSF Infrastructure has chosen Roundup as the issue tracker for Python development

Anna Ravenscroft annaraven at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 16:51:00 EDT 2006

On 10/20/06, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> At the beginning of the month the PSF Infrastructure committee announced
> that we had reached the decision that JIRA was our recommendation for the
> next issue tracker for Python development.  Realizing, though, that it was a
> tough call between JIRA and Roundup we said that we would be willing to
> switch our recommendation to Roundup if enough volunteers stepped forward to
> help administer the tracker, thus negating Atlassian's offer of free managed
> hosting.
>
> Well, the community stepped up to the challenge and we got plenty of
> volunteers!  In fact, the call for volunteers has led to an offer for
> professional hosting for Roundup from Upfront Systems.  The committee is
> currently evaluating that offer and will hopefully have a decision made
> soon.  Once a decision has been made we will contact the volunteers as to
> whom we have selected to help administer the installation (regardless of who
> hosts the tracker).  The administrators and python-dev can then begin
> working towards deciding what we want from the tracker and its
> configuration.
>
> Once again, thanks to the volunteers for stepping forward to make this
> happen!
>
> -Brett Cannon
> PSF Infrastructure committee chairman

Interestingly enough, the quote of the day from Google on this email was:

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can
change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

It just seems highly appropriate. I'm very glad we decided to go with
Roundup. I've been impressed with its usability when I've had the
opportunity to use it.
--
cordially,
Anna