Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at
Tue Oct 3 21:58:44 CEST 2006

Paul Rubin schrieb:
> Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at> writes:
>> The existing SourceForge system runs on non-free software, which is a
>> significant differentiator from Bugzilla.
> The SourceForge software, at least in some versions, is free software.
> See for example for an instantiation, which
> may be a fork.  I never followed the saga much.

It is a fork of an old version. Existence of this version hasn't helped
a bit when we tried to get our data out of

It would have been different if we had used the open source version
*and* hosted that ourselves. You only have a 100% guarantee that
you get the data out of the tracker if the data live on your own
disks (and you have good backup of these disks).